Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day One of 30 minute run-walk plan

So today I went out at about 5pm to attempt my first run-walk on the plan I am using.

You are meant to do a 5 minute warm up, then run 1 minute, walk one minute for the next 10 minutes, then a 5 minute cool down walk. If I was to follow this exactly, my running would start on a big fat hill. So I am going to do 10 minute warm up instead! Going by the guidelines, the first 2 days are only 20 minutes in total, but the course I am doing this walk on from my house took me 37min 50 seconds, so will work on that, just means longer warm up and cool down but still the same amount of run-walking as per the programme.

So a good start I think. Hopefully the weight loss increases with making distances shorter but incorporating a little running into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave me a message!