Sunday, August 15, 2010

Blergh

So I last posted on my "rest day". The following day, which should have been "DAY 4" I went out attempting to follow the programme as before, but this time I had the pram and baby with me. WHAT A DISASTER!!!

I tried, I really did. But what a nightmare. I'd had a few rough nights with the baby, stomach was playing up again, tyres on the pram were flat and on it went. The programme called for warm up 5 minutes,  then run 2/walk 1 5 times then run 1/walk 1 5 times, then a 5 minute cool down. I managed warm up, run 2 minutes, walk 1, run 30 seconds... walk the rest of the way. I seriously couldn't even manage to run 1 minute and barely made it home walking slowly!

So a disaster. Anyhoo, I thought I would give myself a couple of days to feel a little better, get some sleep etc... and haven't gotten back in to it. Too tired, too busy, too excuse excuse.

Hoping it is going to be nice and sunny tomorrow so I at least go out for a walk and maybe just start back at the beginning of the programme. I found the first 2 (3 if you count the rest day) easy. But that was without a pram. So maybe I should stick to treadmilling it until my fitness comes back up again.

Am also going to trial having a complan drink and some fruit for dinner. It's gonna be horrible at first, as my dinners are where the serving size issue comes in to play, I'm just SO hungry at night. But will try to eat better lunches and maybe even remember to have snacks and hopefully that won't be an issue. But I think it will be hard at first, just til my stomach gets the idea that it is NOT the boss of me. We don't have dessert any more though, I thought that was a good start, and it has been 10 weeks since we started our "no chocolate" buzz. I think Stef and I have done pretty well on that part!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave me a message!