Sunday, August 19, 2012

6 Week Challenge - My first proud moment!

Well, the 6 Week Challenge started on Friday afternoon. Not long I know, but in that time I have had no takeaways, bread, chocolate, icecream, and not added sugar to my cups of tea. This may not sound like a lot, but believe me, these alone are big  steps!!
I had a very proud-Nikki moment yesterday, and I thought I would share with you. We had been out at Bayfair and on the way home, my hubby remembered he had a voucher for chicken nuggets and chips from KFC and he wanted to use it before he left for Auckland today. Me being me, and easily led, thought it be safest if I got him to drop me home before he went there, so I could be eating my own, much healthier lunch, when he got home. As it turned out, the lunch I made (mashed kumara and some sweet chilli chicken, if you were wondering), was tastier than I expected, and by the time he got home, I was full enough that the smell didn't get to me at all, and even him sharing his chips with our son, I couldn't have cared less. Very proud.
The exercise isn't going so well, I was sick for ages recently, and yesterday the sore throat and pounding head came back, although I wonder if the headache was my body asking for sugar, but I would have thought it be too soon for that? Anyway, between that and spending as much time with hubby as I could before he leaves for Auckland for 6 days, no exercise was done. Oops. That's a couple of ticks lost right there. 

But hubby is away now, and I am hoping that with no plans at all this week, plenty of walking and resistance exercise will be done.

Hope you have a great week, looks like this hideous weather is here to stay for a bit.

Nikki

If you want to find out more about the 4 and 6 Week Challenges, or to talk to Le about getting started at Form Health and Body Management, either give her a call on 021 543804, or go to www.formhealth.co.nz ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave me a message!