Friday, February 10, 2012

6/12/11 - So this is me. 33 Weeks pregnant and starting a weight loss blog...

** I spent ages setting up a seperate blog for this, but now I really don't know why, may as well keep it on this blog!! So please bear with me while I update and move it all over here.**

Talk about impractical!

I know, I know, it's not the ultimate time to be thinking about weight loss, and I'm really not, I'm just getting this under way so once baby #2 arrives, and it's a safe time to be thinking about getting myself healthy again, this will be here, ready to share with the world the roller coaster that is weight loss.... with a 2 year old and a baby in tow.

I have had a pretty long battle with food and my weight. Have blogged about this on my other page (www.dexanix.blogspot.com) in the past, and may re visit it again some time, but for now, lets just say Emotional Eating and me, we're tight. Good buds. (although I think perhaps not such a good bud seeing as I don't really want to remain friends) Something I need to work on and beat those demons.
So baby number one is a baby no more, he turned 2 in September. Baby number two is a girl, and is "coming out the sunroof" on January 11th. So I am hoping by the time I am healed enough to start exercising safely, summer will be coming to an end and it won't be too hot to get into my walking again. August last year, I trained for, and completed a half marathon (walking not running, don't be silly!!) and would love to do another one day, but my first goal is to just get the weight down and get my eating sorted again. Have been pretty good since being pregnant, but that's mainly because I have been a lot sicker this time around.

I have just turned 30, and I began this pregnancy at 93.4kg, the heaviest I have EVER been (besides when heavily pregnant with my boy) ideally I want to get to 65kg. Smaller if it is realistic, but, hell, I will be so happy to get to 65. In all honesty, just getting to 80kg will be a very happy day!!!! Besides a smaller clothes size, I just want to be a better mum. Able to run around and partake in active play with my kids. (Very much a cliche I know, but anyone who has been there knows that it is also very much real)

So I hope you will stick around and egg me on, let me know what you are up to in your own healthy, happy weight loss journey, and maybe we can motivate each other to keep at it.

Nikki
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave me a message!