Sunday, September 19, 2010

A weekend of 1st birthday parties and general over-indulgence is over!


Phew! That was a few very full on days!

Thursday - Baby's first birthday. Lunch at Chinatown (buffet), afternoon tea (cake) with the nannas and grandads.
Friday - Playgroup - Outing to a petting farm, morning tea, then 3 hours of baking cakes and biscuits followed by 4 hours of sticking said cakes together into the shape of a dinosaur and decorating.

Saturday - Son's first birthday party after much cooking and organising.  Photo is below of just how much food there was. But you need lots of food to feed 50ish people. (Actually I think it ended up being about 40 but still.) Then caught up with my great Aunt that I haven't seen in about 10 years.


Sunday - Another 1st birthday party, this time for a friends little girl. Lots of fun and lots of driving as they are about 45 minutes away from us. Lots more food to be had here.

So now it's all over for another weekend and I can get back to being good again. And I can also relax a little as somehow I managed to spend so much time organising the party I had no free time but I'm not really too sure what I was doing to be so busy!!

Have discovered that in the land of Weight Watchers, you can have the Irvines frozen meals and they are not even half the price of a WW one and still the equivilent in points. Bonus!!!

Weigh in day tomorrow... Not expecting great things but at least I will understand why if I end up gaining weight :)

Happy Sunday evening everyone
Nikki

2 comments:

  1. love the cake. Congrats on surviving your first year as a mummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jacksta!
    Amazing how fast a year goes really isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, please leave me a message!