Sunday, April 4, 2010

The final "before" photo

Ok so I'm completely over this. I had a baby almost 7 months ago, and although I was already overweight before getting pregnant, I lost all my pregnancy weight within about 8 weeks (all 16kg of it) Go the Breastfeeding!!!!
I thought this meant I would end up smaller than before I got pregnant, but noooo oooo. I stayed at exactly that weight for a further 2 months and then lo and behold I GAIN 5 KGS!!!!

Completely unimpressed. This leaves me sitting at around 92kg when I would ideally like to be about 65ish. I'm 1.65cm tall (roughly) so according to my BMI I should be under 60kg, but last time I was 60kg (about 8 years ago) I almost looked too thin.

Thats where this blog comes in. I have so many "before photos" but never an "after" photo. Well none that I would show the world anyway. So starting tomorrow (today is Easter :O) I'm going to weigh in, eat some healthier food, and get my butt out there for a walk!!

Hubby and I want to start trying for baby #2 in about 6 months, so realistically if I can even lose .5kg a week until then, I'm going to be in a much better position to carry another baby and hopefully not end up with back pain and gestational diabetes next time.

So if there is anyone out there reading this, please join me on my journey towards being a fitter healthier mummy and never again taking a "before" photo.

Nikki :O)

Goals for me:

Weight Loss (kind of obvious really) I'd like to get down to about 75 kg before getting pregnant again, but long term, down to 65kg.
10km Fun Run
Walk a half marathon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave me a message!