Wednesday, September 26, 2012

6 Week Challenge - some positive changes over the last 5.5 weeks

So the 6 Week Challenge is almost over, although I think we are catching up again next week, due to missing last week and my neck being so sore for the last almost 4 weeks.

All in all, given how little exercise I actually ended up doing, starting on some new medication at the beginning and then changing that again 2 weeks ago, (so have been VERY low on energy), I am really pleased with how it has gone. My diet has changed hugely, and that was the part that needed the most work. I have cut out/right down a lot of things that didn't need to be in my diet. 
My "wee man" and I at the Fireworks on the Waterfront this weekend.
I find that I still slip up easily when it comes to comfort eating, but I am working on it, and am trying to not keep the tempting kinds of foods that I like so much in the house. Does make it easier.

The 3 biggest changes I have made are firstly cutting out bread/white flour/white rice/potatoes. This was a huge deal for me and one that was not easy. It's just lucky that I like brown rice and love kumara and pumpkin!!

The second huge change was cutting my carbs right back at night time (and changing the kinds of carbs I was having). No more potatoes, packet pastas etc here. Prior to the challenge, the majority of my meal was potato/rice/bread/pasta, closely followed by meat and lastly by a tiny (if any) serve of vegetables. My vegetable intake has increased A LOT and I still feel just as full.

Thirdly, portion sizes. I ate waaaay too much. With dinners, as I mentioned above, my portion of vegies has gone right up and carbs down, but portion sizes have decreased at all my meals. This can only be a good thing.


I did say not all my choices were good choices...
I admit, there have been days when I have hugely slipped up, but I am learning that a bad day/weekend isn't the end of the world. Just get back on the proverbial horse and carry on and don't let it get you down. I think that has been the biggest learning curve for me, that because I stuffed up, I don't have to climb right off the wagon and give up, as has been the case every other time in the past.

I can honestly say that the 6 Week Challenge, although it involves quite a lot of committment and being prepared, to me, it really is sustainable. So much so that seeing as at the end of this week when it finishes there is 12 weeks until the week of Christmas, so I have decided I am going to carry it on. But this time I am going to focus on the 3 main parts that I need to work on, since the diet side has improved so much.

EXERCISE!!!! I need to increase this heaps. With injuries subsiding, my son starting kindy, getting used to new medication (and medication helping to improve pain levels), and the warmer days, I know that this will get easier.

INCREASE MY WATER INTAKE!!! When I was working, water was easy. Had a bottle beside me, water coolers in every corner of the room, it was simple. At home, with 2 little kids, it's really easy to forget to drink.

INCREASE MY SLEEP!!! Unfortunately, this is only going to happen when Amber decides to start sleeping through the night again, instead of waking 2-4 times a night like she currently does. She has been sick and also had a infection to a wound on her hand, so I can't really hold that against her, but more sleep will be good in every aspect of my life!
How could you mind not getting any sleep 
when she's this cute?
So there you have it. I will be back on Friday with the final results. I know the KG's/Measurements could be  better, but the changes I have made make me feel so much better about myself, and I know that the results will come in time and I feel that this time I am really going to stick with it and not get back up to the 94kg I was before getting pregnant with Amber.

Remember if you want to get started with Le, you can contact her either on 021 543 804, via the website, www.formhealth.co.nz or on her Facebook Page, https://www.facebook.com/formhealthandbodymanagement

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave me a message!