Tuesday, October 4, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge - Day 24 - Your favourite food/recipe

This was a bit tricky, I have so so many favourite foods, but not many photos of them, so I thought I would do one that I both have a photo of, and also know that it is always a big hit.
Oreo Cheesecake. Yep. So good.
Ingredients:
1 packet of Superwine biscuits
1 large tub of cream cheese 
1 small bottle of cream
75g butter
1/2 cup sugar
teaspoon or so of vanilla essence
1 packet of oreos (the last couple of times I have used the chocolate oreos - heaven!!)

Melt butter in microwave. Whiz biscuits until they are small crumbs. Mix biscuit crumbs and melted butter and press into a cheesecake tin. (Sprinform tins are the easiest to get off after, and a small tin makes for a nice tall cheesecake. Press firmly into the bottom to create base and refridgerate for min of 30 minutes to set.

Beat cream in a bowl until its to a firm whipped consistancy. In another bowl beat cream cheese, vanilla and sugar together until smooth then add whipped cream. (This will be easier if cream cheese is softened a little). Crumble most of the oreos into the mixture and stir. Add the mixture to the set biscuit base and smooth top. Add the last few oreos you have saved to crumble on top. Refrigerate.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave me a message!